Join the 4,000 active athletes who compete every year across the state. Any individual eight years or older who has been identified by an agency or professional as having intellectual disabilities, cognitive delays as measured by formal assessment, or significant learning or vocational problems due to cognitive delay that require or have required specially designed instruction, is eligible to compete.
To become an athlete, please download and fill out the applications listed below. Please note several of the forms are more than one page.
Mail all completed forms to the mailing address listed below.
- Application for Participation (Medical Form)
- Supplemental Medical Form
- Unified Sports Partner Registration Form
- Official Special Olympics Release Form
- Special Provisions Regarding Medical Treatment (Religious Objections Form)
- AtlantoAxial Instability Release Form
- AtlantoAxial Instability Status Form for Athletes with Down Syndrome
Mail or fax the completed forms to:
Special Olympics Mississippi
ATTN: Become an Athlete
15 Olympic Way
Madison, MS 39110
Fax: (601) 856-8132